Applications are currently open for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Program in Canada for the 2022/23 academic session.
The program inspires the next generation of innovators and thinkers to create a sustainable future. This one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
Worth of Award
- The program offers scholarships to a dozen students every year of a maximum value of $10,000 US per year (max. two years).
- Please note that the scholarship is not retroactive, it will cover tuition fees and living expenses for the year 2022-2023.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients.
- Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2022. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
Prospective candidates must also
- Be committed to contribute to their home country’s development after their studies
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
Note that the academic panel ensures that the yearly selection respects geographical and gender diversity.
How to Apply
In like manner, candidates must provide an electronic copy of the following:
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university program of choice
- Program outline
- University transcript(s)
- Two reference letters or forms
Deadline: The call for application for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development is open until April 11, 2022.