The University of Ottawa invites applications for the Entrance Scholarship for African Students in Canada for the 2022/23 academic session.
The University of Ottawa is proud of its international student diversity and is always looking to increase this diversity. Following in the footsteps of the Differential Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarship for international students studying in French, this scholarship will help expand the university’s reputation as a leading post-secondary institution across all of Africa.
The new scholarship will give African students studying in English access to numerous pilot programs in three faculties for a significantly reduced cost of tuition.
Worth of Award
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- be an international student with a valid study permit;
- have citizenship from one of the countries or territories in Africa;
- be newly admitted in one of the following undergraduate programs offered in English or with the French Immersion option:
- Faculty of Social sciences: Sociology; Anthropology; International Development and Globalization; Conflict Studies; Public Administration
- Faculty of Science: All programs except the Honours BSc in Biochemistry/BASc in Chemical Engineering; Honours BSc in Physics/BASc in Electrical Engineering; and Honours BSc in Ophthalmic Medical Technology
- be enrolled full-time.
This scholarship can be renewed each subsequent study year, for the same amount offered at the time of admission, provided that the recipient:
- Maintains full-time registration in the undergraduate program in which the student was admitted and enrolled; and
- Has a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 5.0 or higher at the end of each academic year.
- Students enrolled full-time in the Spring-Summer term will receive their full scholarship installment, conditional on meeting all renewal criteria.
- Furthermore, this scholarship can also be renewed at 50% of its original value during part-time Spring-Summer terms. This is in the event that the student registers part-time during the Spring-Summer term to at least 6 units (i.e., 2 courses).
- A 50% part-time renewal will count as a full installment towards the total of 12 possible installments.
How to Apply
All applications for the Entrance Scholarship for African Students should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Automatic offer.