Global Centre for Food Systems Innovation (GCFSI), Michigan State University, USA, has issued an advance notice for applicants to prepare proposals for its soon to be announced Reuest for Application. GCFSI intends to issue a Request for Application (RFA) in April, 2014.
The goal of this RFA will be to create innovation in the global food system by finding, incubating and evaluating new and potentially disruptive knowledge and technology based solutions to development challenges, with an emphasis on problems deriving from population growth, climate change and urbanization. GCFSI is one of the eight development labs funded by USAID under the Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN) program.
Worth of Award
GCFSI will provide funding of up to $2,050,000 through three levels of grants in one RFA:
- Innovation Scalability Grants ($500,000 grants)
- Innovation Evaluation Grants ($250,000 grants)
- Innovation Grants ($100,000 grants)
Applications in that support GCFSI’s mission in creating innovation in the following will be accepted:
- Megatrend 1: Population Growth, Climate Change and Pressure on the Land
- Megatrend 2: Rapid Urbanization and Transformation of Food Systems
- Megatrend 3: Evolution in Skills in the Food System
How to Apply
- The full Request for Applications will be issued in April, 2014 and it will detail the innovation arenas that GCFSI has selected for proposals.
- Please do not consider this pre-solicitation announcement as the RFA and do not submit your proposals until the formal RFA is released.
- Prospective applicants should read the full announcement carefully for additional information and restrictions.
Deadline: The application deadline will be on June 25, 2014 and awards are expected to be announced in the Fall of 2014. Potential applicants are encouraged to learn more about the Global Center for Food Systems Innovation at
Click here for more details about this advance call.