Trinity College, Dublin, UK, invites applications from prospective postgraduate students for the 2014 International Postgraduate Research Studentships. These postgraduate studentships are applicable to new entrants as well as continuing students on the Ph.D. Register.
The holder of a postgraduate studentship is required to engage in teaching-related activities, as advised by the appropriate Director of Teaching and Learning (Postgraduate) or his/her nominee, to a maximum of 6 hours per week in teaching term. The receipt of any additional funding must be notified immediately to the Graduate Studies Office and the Staff Office payroll. Postgraduate studentships cannot continue beyond the fourth year on the Ph.D. register.
Worth of Award
- The postgraduate studentship fully covers EU or non-EU fee and an annual maintenance of €6,500 for three years.
- It is also important to be aware that income received by the award recipient from other sources (such as private tuition, research funding), can be to the maximum annual income level of €18,000 excluding fees but including the studentship maintenance.
- Fees will be covered and maintenance is payable monthly via Trinity College payroll directly to your bank account.
- Postgraduate studentships are available to new entrants as well as continuing students on the full-time Ph.D. register for entry in September and/or the following March of the same academic year (e.g. September 2014 and/or March 2015).
- The postgraduate Studentships aim to support and develop gifted research students.
- They are awarded competitively on academic merit.
How to Apply
- New entrants to the Research Register must make their applications online using the online application portal ( see link below)
- You must make your application for Postgraduate studentship awards in conjunction with your Ph.D. application. This process is done online using the online portal.
- Continuing students who wish to apply for a postgraduate award should contact their School directly.
- Nominations are considered at various times of the year depending on the School.
- New applicants are advised to submit their application as early as possible.
Deadline: Please note that the closing date for applications for this award is the May 1, 2014. This closing date covers September 2014 and March 2015 entrants only.
Click here for more details and to apply online
If you are a new entrant, click here to apply