Herconomy is a Female-focused fintech startup dedicated to creating financial resources for women. It started out as AGS Tribe, the community dedicated to networking and capacity building of young entrepreneurs and professionals. The main purpose of the AGS Tribe is to build a community of strong leaders (entrepreneurs or professionals) who will create more job opportunities that will ultimately reduce unemployment in Africa.
The Platform has 4 focus areas which are:
- Fostering a community that enables easy networking for youth entrepreneurs and career people, as a tool to reduce youth unemployment and promote economic growth.
- Sharing opportunities from the various sectors that will be beneficial for members of its community as well as seeking new opportunities and a community that members would otherwise not have had access to as individuals.
- Women Empowerment through its AGS Impact Fund and AGS Enterprise Challenge.
- Capacity building for both career professionals/employees and entrepreneurs.
Through the Challenge, female-led businesses get to pitch their business to a group of judges and get the chance to win grants and possibly get investments. They also get to enjoy continuous mentorship as well as a lot of exposure.
Worth of Award
Prizes to be won include
- Winner: N1,500,000, Mentorship + Workspace.
- First Runner Up: N1,000,000 Mentorship + Workspace.
- Second runner up: N500,000, Mentorship + Workspace.
The Enterprise Challenge is designed to empower female-led businesses and youth entrepreneurs.
How to Apply
Steps to apply
- Repost flier on your page and tag your friends to also apply.
- Follow @herconomy
- Fill out the application form on https://bit.ly/3EZOiNV
- Use the hashtags @herconomy2021
Deadline: Applications for the Herconomy Enterprise Challenge are ongoing.