Cardiff University, UK, is now accepting applications from prospective postgraduate students for one President’s PhD research studentship at Cardiff Business School to commence late September 2014. The successful PhD applicant will work with Professor Aris A. Syntetos on the interface between statistical and judgmental supply chain forecasting.
This post involves considerable exposure to real world business environments, talking with practitioners and formally retrieving information from them via interviews and focus groups. This studentship is generously funded by the President’s Scholarship programme from Cardiff University.
Project Title: Rule-Based Judgemental Interventions into Statistical Sales Forecasts
Worth of Award
- It consists of full tuition fees (UK/EU or Overseas fees) and a Doctoral Stipend matching UK Research Council National Minimum £13,590 p.a. for 2012/13, updated each year).
- In addition, PhD students within the the Logistics and Operations Management (LOM) section of Cardiff Business School are supported regularly towards conference attendance and dissemination of their results.
- Academic Criteria: A first class degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics (or other quantitative intense disciplines) with a particular (demonstrable) interest or further studies in Psychology.
- A first class degree (or equivalent) in Psychology (or other disciplines within Humanities) with a particular (demonstrable) interest and further studies in quantitative disciplines.
- Preference will be given to Master’s degree holders (with distinction).
- A good understanding of business context is an essential criterion.
- Residency Criteria: Open to all students of any nationality without restrictions.
- CV and Covering Letter required in the first instance (followed by a standard application for postgraduate study) – please send CV and covering letter to Prof Aris Syntetos at the below address.
How to Apply
Deadline: Application closes on April 30, 2014
Click here for more details and to apply online