The Africa Institute invites applications for the Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship in the UAE in 2022.
This residency program is created in honour of the late Nigerian Professor Tejumola Olaniyan and his remarkable intellectual legacy in the field of African literature and critical theory.
Worth of Award
- It is worth a grant of 45,000 AED in total.
- In a similar vein, the residency program invites recipients to Sharjah, UAE for a period of three months to complete their work.
- residency program welcomes applications from creative writers including novelists, short story writers, playwrights, poets, and scriptwriters related to Africa and the African diaspora.
- proposed project can be in Arabic or English (other languages will be considered).
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- CV/résumé of the applicant
- A two-page narrative of the project to be undertaken during the residency period, its significance, and a proposed date of completion.
- A sample of published or unpublished writings.
To submit applications, compile all application materials; CV/résumé, two-page narrative, and writing sample (in case of a book, please attach separately) into one single PDF in the mentioned order. Please name the file with the residency title abbreviation and the applicant’s name in this format: TOCWRP_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME. Use the same name in the email subject heading and send the PDF as an email attachment to [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline for applications for the Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship is February 28, 2022.