The SA-CERN Programme seeks outstanding individuals to aid its MSc or PhD studies in research related to the CERN facility. The goal is to support a pipeline of representative, excellent students into the next generation of South African academics
studying the fundamental nature of the Universe.
Worth of Award
- The Excellence Bursaries will provide full cost support for the 2022 academic year.
- The SA-CERN Programme will also sponsor research trips to CERN aligned with projects.
A proven track record of excellence and clear evidence of outstanding future
- research project and supervisor within the SA-CERN Programme
- registration at a South African university for full-time studies from 2022
- South African citizenship
How to Apply
To apply, e-mail the following documents in one PDF file to [email protected]
- your up-to-date CV
- copy of your full academic record;
- statement of purpose, which must address your 1) proposed research topic,
2) proposed supervisor, 3) career goals, 4) transformation goals;
- copy of your ID document;
- three letters of recommendation (may be sent separately by letter writers);
- copies of any research publications/reports you have (co-)authored; and
- copies of your MSc dissertation (if applying for the PhD bursary) and your
Honours project (BSc (Hons) / BSc (Eng)).
Deadline: Send in your application for the SA-CERN Programme Excellence MSc/PhD Bursary by December 31, 2022.