KidsRights invites applications for the KidsRights International Children’s Peace Prize in the Netherlands in 2022.
The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to a child, anywhere in the world, for his or her dedication to children’s rights. In light of this, the Prize winner receives the statuette ‘Nkosi’, which shows how a child sets the world in motion. The winner also receives a study grant and a worldwide platform to promote his or her ideals and causes to the benefit of children’s rights.
Worth of Award
KidsRights annually awards the prestigious International Children’s Peace Prize to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights. The winner receives:
- The “Nkosi” statuette depicts a child that sets the world in motion.
- A study and care grant to enable the child to obtain an education.
- A project fund of € 100,000, which is invested by KidsRights in relevant children’s rights projects that are closely connected to the winner’s area of work.
- In addition, winning the International Children’s Peace Prize gives the winner a global platform to promote their work.
The nomination requirements are the following:
- Any person above the age of 18 or an organization can nominate a child
- The child must be between the age of 12 and 17 by the time of the nomination deadline
- The child can be from any country in the world
- The child must have a demonstrable history of standing up and fighting for the rights of children, including himself or herself
- The child needs to be able to travel abroad and feel comfortable communicating with other people
- The child agrees to be nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Nominations are accepted until Tuesday, March 1, 2022.