The International Court of Justice (ICJ) invites applications for the International Court of Justice Judicial Fellowship Programme in the Netherlands in 2023.
The purpose of the trust fund is to grant fellowship awards to selected candidates who are nationals of developing countries from universities based in developing countries, thereby improving and guaranteeing the geographic and linguistic diversity of the participants in the Programme.
Worth of Award
The Judicial Fellows
- work on a full-time basis under the supervision of a Member of the Court and alongside the primary legal assistant of the judge.
- can expect to attend the Court’s public hearings,research and write memorandums on legal questions or factual aspects of the cases pending before the Court, and perform other duties assigned by their judge.
- Judicial Fellows work on a full-time basis under the supervision of a Member of the Court and alongside the primary legal assistant of the judge
- Universities are strongly encouraged to limit nominations to candidates who have shown excellent results in their legal studies and who have demonstrated an interest in public international law through their studies, publications and/or work experience.
- The official languages of the Court are English and French, and participants must have excellent reading, writing and oral skills in at least one of them. A working knowledge of the second official language is an asset.
- To be eligible, candidates should be 31 years of age or younger at the time the Fellowship begins. This requirement may be waived in special circumstances. In making its selection, the Court seeks candidates of diverse nationalities.
- While it is possible to nominate a single candidate, the Court encourages universities to propose more than one nominee.
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Note that the Court does not accept applications from individuals.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of applications for the International Court of Justice Judicial Fellowship Programme is February 5, 2023.