Global Solutions Initiative Foundation invites applications for the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards in Germany in 2022.
Over the last four decades, significant economic growth has been witnessed in most parts of the world. At the same time, there is a rise in inequality, an exacerbating climate crisis, and a rising sense of disempowerment. This trend can be described as the decoupling of economic prosperity from social prosperity and environmental sustainability. The Global Solutions Initiative aims to address this trend by generating proposals to better align economic and political activities with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
This is why the Young Global Changers (YGC) are individuals with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or an initiative to turn these ideas into action.
The Young Global Changers program brings together these young people from around the world who are working towards a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a strong voice for change.
Worth of Award
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin.
- Accommodation for the time of the Global Solutions Summit (three nights, March 27-30, 2022).
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2022.
- Networking opportunities with great minds from academia, business, politics & civil society.
- Access to an exclusive global network of like-minded Young Global Changers.
- Possibilities for further engagement.
- entrepreneurs or innovators who have started or are involved in a leading role in a social enterprise that aims at aligning economic activity with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
- business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside (“intrapreneurs”).
- non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic, or environmental change on a local, regional, or even on the global level.
- project, business, or initiative that you apply with needs to aim at recoupling, i.e. a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- applicant should have a leading position in the project/initiative they are applying with. (e.g. founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator, or a similar role.)
- applicant needs to be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Applicants need to be willing and motivated to become active members of a global network that aims at bringing about lasting global change.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form and include all relevant information about your change project. For a successful submission the following information and material will need to be provided:
- Personal information (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth).
- Project information (name of the project, project description, connection to recoupling).
- Upload of the following documents: 1. CV, 2. project description, 3. short video (max. 5 min).
The selection and evaluation of the projects will be done by a jury. Of all projects submitted, the best will compete in the semi-finals and will be presented on the official website, 10 will be selected for the finals. After the semi-finals, all finalists will receive additional information about the next steps.
The 10 finalists will get the opportunity to present their projects in front of a live jury of experts and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2022 on March 28/29 in Berlin. The pitch can be held digitally or on-site.
Deadline: The application deadline for the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards is January 5, 2022.