UNESCO invites applications for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa ICT in Education Prize in France in 2023.
The disruptive effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have revealed the urgent need for
governments to reimagine the future of schooling models and leverage technology to build
crisis-resilient learning systems. In light of this, inclusive and crisis-resilient learning systems not only include connectivity and access to digital devices, but also the provision of age-appropriate digital content and digital skills training for teachers, students, and caregivers.
In addition, the digitalization of learning systems must be guided by humanistic principles to ensure that technology protects human rights, and ensures inclusion and equity. For this reason, technology should be in the service of human interactions and capacity development.
The 2023 edition of the Prize will award projects that have built and implemented technology-enabled public learning systems and programmes that effectively ensured the continuity and quality of learning for all. The projects must ensure the data privacy and well-being of students, teachers, and caregivers. Furthermore, they must also consider the adoption of greening strategies to mitigate or neutralize the negative impacts of the technological solutions to internet connectivity and digital devices in education.
As a result of this, the theme of the 2021 edition of the Prize is the use of technology to enable inclusive crisis-resilient learning systems.
Worth of Award
- Without a doubt, two winners will be selected by the Director-General of UNESCO based on the recommendations of an international jury. Each of those winners will receive a reward of USD 25,000 and a diploma during a ceremony.
- Individuals, institutions, non-governmental organizations, or other entities are eligible to apply for this prize.
- project should be ongoing for at least 1 year.
- project and its organization should not be affiliated with UNESCO or receive any funding from UNESCO.
- technology tools used by the project should be open and free.
How to Apply
All applications for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline for nominations is January 23, 2023.