The Centre for the Study of Japanese Religions invites applications from outstanding of Japanese religion, regardless of their nationality to apply for the 2014 CSJR Research Student Bursary in Japanese Religions to be held at SOAS, London
The total value of the scholarship is £4,000 for one year ONLY. The bursary can be used towards maintenance or towards fees.
- Applicants must possess an outstanding academic record
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline of 1 May 2014
- Only new research students may apply: those already enrolled on a research degree programme at SOAS are not eligible to apply.
- Open to UK/EU and OVERSEAS candidates.
- Full-time or part-time MPhil/PhD in Japanese Religions (Department of the Study of Religions)
How to apply
- All applications must be made online.
- A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, a personal statement, CV and a PhD proposal.
- The panel will be considering your scholarship application together with your online an application for admission. Late or incomplete online applications for admission will not be considered for scholarships.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel. The Centre reserves the right not to make an award in the event that no suitable application is received.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your application for admission.
- Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement, PhD proposal and other relevant information.
Deadline: Scholarship applications must be received no later than May 1, 2014. Late or incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered.
For further information, contact them via email: [email protected]
Click here for details and to apply online