FITC Nigeria invites secondary school students in Nigerian to enter for an essay competition to mark their 30th anniversary. The competition is for students who will be in SS3 in the 2011-2012 session and who are inclined to study finance related courses in tertiary institutions.
Topic: “The Role of the Financial Services Sector (FSS) in National Development”
How to Enter
- Candidates are to submit, in not more than 1000 words, a type-written essay on the above topic (in PDF or DOC format) to be uploaded on their website
- Only essay papers from duly authenticated candidates will be considered. That is, your principal must identify you by giving you an attestation letter which you will upload on the their website
- You must scan and attach your school ID card as well as a passport photograph
- The results will be published on their website as from Friday, September 2, 2011
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd best contestants from each of the 6 geopolitical zones will receive cash prizes as detailed below, while the best 3 overall essay competition candidates will be invited for a grand finale quiz competition (subject are English Language, Economics and General Finance Knowledge, etc.) holding in Lagos on Wednesday, September 7, 2011.
- Only these 3 best overall candidates will attend the Award Ceremony slated for Thursday, September 8, 2011 at the Museum Center, Lagos. These 3 candidates will be expected to stay in Lagos ahead of any guest on Wednesday, September 7, 2011 and will be lodged at FITC’s expense for 2 nights only, while FITC still provides each with a transport subsidy of N30, 000.00 each.
- Zonal Cash Prizes (the best 3 entrants from the 6 geopolitical zones)
1st Prize N70,000
2nd Prize N 50,000
3 rd N 30,000
- Grand Finale Cash Prize (Best 3 entrants invited for the quiz in Lagos)
Deadline: August 26, 2011
If you have any questions, call them on 08083579886 or 07029435711
To register for the competition and upload your documents, click here.