Queens University innovation centre invites applications for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship in 2023.
The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship gives you the confidence, resources, knowledge, network, and financial support to build a startup with an impact.
For African students and recent grads with a desire to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life.
Worth of Award
- Business bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
- The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Pitch coaching and mastery.
- Certificate awarded for 100% completion of DDQIC’s essential entrepreneurship training modules.
Global Visibility and Network:
- Liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North America.
- Access a Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni.
- Join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa.
- Fellows are matched to industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the program.
- Receive feedback at important startup milestones.
- 15 Fellows will receive a stipend of $500 CAD.
- Opportunities to pitch for funding in Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre seed funding competitions.
- Participants of the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship will be assessed on their commitment to the training and their progress on building a venture by completing the steps outlined in the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework.
- 30 participants who demonstrate excellence in completing the Disciplined Entrepreneurship steps will be selected as finalists.
- In Phase 2, the 30 finalists will continue working on their venture and prepare a pitch of their venture to be selected as one of the 15 Fellows!
How to Apply
You can apply online.
Deadline: December 4, 2022