Sochon Foundation invites international students wishing to undertake full-time post-graduate programmes in Korean Studies to apply for its 2014 Sochon Foundation Scholarship. Unless you are a current SOAS MPhil/PhD student, you must also submit a COMPLETE application for admission
The scholarship is for one year only. For candidates undertaking an MPhil/PhD programme, the scholarship is not renewable. The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
Worth of Award: The scholarship valued at £7,000 in total, is for tuition fees with the remainder, if any, for living costs.
- It is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
Preference will be given to applicants on the following Fulltime programmes of study (new admissions
- MA Korean Studies
- MA Korean Literature
- MPhil/PhD Korean Studies Research (new admissions)
- MA History of Art (students taking three units, including dissertation, in Korea-related subjects)
Applicants on the following programmes of study may also apply, but will not be given preference:
- Current MPhil/PhD Korean Studies Research full time students and
- Students undertaking any other full time post-graduate degree related to Korean Studies.
How to Apply
- All applications must be made online (see link below)
- You should submit an application for admission in addition to the scholarship application if you are not a current SOAS student
A complete application for admission includes:
- An explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK,
- Two references,
- CV and
- A personal statement (In addition to this, MPhil/PhD applicants must also submit a research proposal).
- The panel will be considering your scholarship application together with your online application for admission. Late or incomplete online applications for admission will not be considered for scholarships.
- Current SOAS MPhil/PhD students need two references.
- They must send the reference form to each of their referees.
- The Sochon reference form may be downloaded from the box at the top right of their website or can be obtained from scholarships officer via mail: [email protected]
Deadline: Scholarship applications must be received no later than May 1, 2014. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July.
Click here for more details and to apply online
Click here for the admission application form