IVolunteer International invites applications for the IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship for Volunteer Writers in the USA in 2022.
The Writers’ Council is a leadership training and activist empowerment program. It consists of volunteer writers who will keep the organization’s official blog energized by sharing stories that are mainly relating to capacity development, human rights & security, sustainable development goals, research & opinion, women & youth, and volunteer stories.
Worth of Award
- Training on WordPress utilization, academic writing, blog writing, and general ethics in journalism and feedback on each article for improvement.
- Professional Development seminar series organized monthly, held on Zoom from experts in various fields.
- A letter of recommendation at the end of the volunteer period.
- A personal portfolio of your published articles maintained under a custom web address.
- The opportunity to network with high-level representatives from organizations worldwide and to attend exclusive partner events.
- Experience in operating a start-up nonprofit organization and public service.
- An opportunity to practice your journalism and writing/reporting skills.
- The ability, privilege, and power to give voice to the voiceless.
- Understand the vision and mission of IVolunteer International and the Writer’s Council.
- Proven history of community engagement, local activism, and leadership.
- Applicants must be between 18 – 35 years of age as of January 10, 2022.
- Have strong communication skills (reliability, response time) and have access to software such as Slack, Zoom, and reliable access to the internet to use other software such as email, Google Drive, etc.
- Have some experience and knowledge of Google Drive, Google Documents, WordPress and Microsoft Office.
- Be able to author and publish articles on WordPress (training will be provided).
- Have an excellent command of the English language in writing and speaking.
- A proven willingness and ability to meet deadlines.
- Have basic soft skills and leadership qualities to work together in a team.
- Have appropriate time and willingness to commit to achieving the goals and objectives of the program.
As a fellow, you will
- Work together with your assigned Editor to achieve the objectives of the Writers’ Council and the blog.
- Be able to cover events in the local community and interview activists and advocates as requested.
- Publish a minimum of four articles per month (1 article per week).
- Attend bi-weekly and/or monthly virtual meetings.
- Attend bi-weekly and/or monthly professional development seminar series.
How to Apply
All applications for the IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2021 at 10:00a Eastern Standard Time (EST).