The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) invites applications for the TechGirls Exchange Program for Women Leaders in STEM in the United States in 2022.
TechGirls connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics by providing them access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams.
Worth of Award
- TechGirls is packed with skill-development workshops and interactions with America’s most innovative tech professionals as well as 40 hours of study at a Tech Camp with partners at the Center for Enhancement in Engineering Diversity at Virginia Tech.
- The TechGirls program offers a rich cultural immersion experience, improves the participants’ ability to enter tech fields and encourages them to pursue higher education in fields where women are underrepresented.
TechGirls will be competitively recruited and selected from the following regions/countries and territories:
- Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa
- East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
- Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
- South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The TechGirls Application will close on Friday, December 16 at Noon (12:00 PM) EDT.