The German Development Institute/Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) invites applications for the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy for early-career Professionals in Germany for the 2022/23 academic session.
The format of the dialogue and training programme sees 25 participants from government institutions, think tanks and research institutions, civil society, and the private sector. They all bring together their experience of and expertise in working in the area of sustainable development. Participation in the programme also facilitates networking opportunities with German and European stakeholders from various sectors and with representatives from African institutions.
Worth of Award
- The programme aims to develop leadership skills and enable joint knowledge creation and peer learning needed for sustainable development.
- Through collaborative peer learning, participants benefit from an exchange of perspectives, hone their critical thinking skills, and develop shared values.
The BMZ African-German Leadership Academy is aimed at early to mid-career professionals from Germany and its African partner countries:
Potential participants of the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy should:
- nationals or permanent residents of Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia, and Togo.
- 25 – 40 years old.
- respectful of other cultures.
- open to teamwork, reflection, and a broad variety of working methods.
Potential participants should also have
- at least three years’ work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognized).
- the support of their employers (written support required as part of the application).
- very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR).
Yet again, participants should
- work on issues relevant to sustainable development and governance.
How to Apply
To apply to become a participant, you will need to submit the following documents in pdf format, via the application portal:
- Application Form Part I: Applicant’s statement – To be completed and signed by the applicant.
- Application Form Part II: Employer‘s statement of support – To be completed, signed, and stamped by the employer.
- Diplomas- Copy of diploma or certificate (in English, French, or English, or as a translation) of the highest professional qualification and/or university degree.
- Passport- Copy of the main pages of your passport.
- Language Certificates – Proof of English language proficiency (if available).
Deadline: The deadline for application is November 26, 2021.