The School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies at the University of Nottingham, UK, is offering a number of master’s and doctoral (PhD) studentships for commencement in September 2014. These are open to well-qualified UK/EU and international applicants who wish to study within (or across) departments in the School.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees and a contribution towards maintenance for three years, subject to satisfactory progress.
Worth of Award
- All School fee waivers cover tuition fees at the University’s UK/EU level (currently £3,980 per annum). Please note that this will not completely cover the full cost of any taught course or international tuition fee.
- The successful candidate will need to cover the remainder themselves
- The School is also able to offer MA studentships (stipend plus fee waiver) and MA fee waivers.
- These awards are open to all taught Masters and Masters by Research (MRes) within the School, including applicants to the MA in Digital Technologies for Language Teaching (distance learning) and to the MA in Chinese-English Translation and Interpreting by e-learning.
- Applicants to the MA in Digital Technologies for Language Teaching (Distance Learning) are also entitled to apply for the University of Nottingham Language Centre Bursary (currently £1500).
- For information and application forms, contact the programme director Dr. Cecilia Goria ([email protected])
- All taught MA applicants will in addition be considered for the one year Weston Scholarship (fee-waiver only).
How to Apply
- Completed application forms should be submitted to [email protected]
- This email address should also be used for any queries.
Deadline: Application closes on May 12, 2014.
Click here for details about the studentships