The World Academy of Sciences invites applications for the TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme for International PhD Students in Italy in 2023.
TWAS supports sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy, and diplomacy. In collaboration with UNESCO and a number of centres of excellence in the South, TWAS instituted this Joint Associateship Scheme to enable competent researchers from the South to visit these centres regularly. An associate is appointed for three years during which he/she can visit a Centre twice for research collaboration.
Worth of Award
TWAS provides travel support for the associates and a contribution towards subsistence costs up to USD300.00 per month while living expenses are covered by the host centres.
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
- Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries.
- Plus, women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- scanned copy of the applicant’s passport, even if expired (page with applicant’s name and surname);
- supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages);
- the applicant’s full list of publications;
- PhD certificate;
- two letters of recommendation by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country;
- a recent invitation letter – on the host institution’s letterhead paper
Deadline: December 12, 2022.