Georgetown University invites applications for the Global Human Development International Scholarships in the USA for the 2021/22 academic session.
The goal of the Global Human Development Program is to prepare students – through coursework, internships, extra-curricular activity, and practical fieldwork – to understand the challenges of international development and provide the tools to address those challenges as successful professionals.
Worth of Award
- At least one full-tuition scholarship and several partial scholarships for GHD students from sub-Saharan Africa, made possible through the generous support of the Amre and Caroline Heinz-Youness Family and the William and Catherine McGurn Family.
- The Father Bienvenido Nebres, S.J. Scholarship covering full tuition and a partial stipend for a GHD student from the Philippines; A partial tuition scholarship for a GHD student from Asia.
- The Beeck Latin America Endowed Scholarship: for a GHD student from Latin America covering 50% of tuition; A partial tuition scholarship for a GHD student from the Middle East.
- received a BA from an accredited institution of higher education where English is the primary language of instruction then you do not have to take the TOEFL/IELTS.
- completed some coursework at a university where English is the primary language of instruction you will still need to take the TOEFL/ITS.
- transferred to a university where English is the primary language of instruction and were awarded an undergraduate degree from this institution, you may still need to take the TOEFL based on the number of years spent at the institution.
The TOEFL score should be a minimum internet-based score of 100. The IELTS should be a minimum score of 7.0.
But TOEFL scores are valid for only two years from the testing date.
How to Apply
To be considered for the scholarships, applicants must submit all required application materials:
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Supplemental datasheet
- Official transcripts and test scores (GREs and TOEFL/IELTS)
- Three letters of recommendation
Deadline: The deadline for admission for the Global Human Development International Scholarships in the USA 2022 is January 15.