The International Monetary Fund invites applications for the IMF Economist Program (EP) for International Students in the USA in 2023.
This program is for young economists who want to have an influence on the global stage and who can bring the latest in economic thought and multidisciplinary approaches to help it address key global economic challenges. Such challenges include fostering global monetary cooperation, securing financial stability, boosting international trade, promoting employment and sustainable economic growth, and reducing poverty.
Worth of Award
- Being part of the IMF Economist Program (EP), will jump-start your career by giving you hands-on exposure to a cross-section of IMF work. It provides a unique foundation for a thought-provoking and fulfilling career as an economist.
- It also gives you the opportunity to apply your research and analytical skills directly to essential policy work which impacts its 190 member countries.
- During the three-year program, you will rotate through two departmental assignments, joining economic teams working in regional and country-specific surveillance as well as in fiscal, monetary, balance of payments, debt, or related issues.
You will need to be:
- A recent PhD graduate or be within one year of completing your PhD in a relevant field of study
- A national of one of our IMF member countries
- Under age 34 when you join the IMF EP program
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline for applications for the IMF Economist Program (EP) is open.