ArtsEverywhere invites applications for the ArtsEverywhere Fay Chiang Fellowship for Artistic Journalism in Canada in 2022.
The Fay Chiang Fellowship is a year-long program of support for any individual, artist, journalist, writer, musician, producer, and collective whose work integrates creative practice with rigorous journalistic research, writing, and multimedia production.
The theme of the 2022 Fay Chiang Fellowship for Artistic Journalism is: “Fault Lines & Fragile States.”
Worth of Award
- The fellow will receive $15,000CAD as a fee and $5,000CAD for travel, equipment, and other project costs.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to exhibit/present their work at the 2023 ArtsEverywhere Festival. Rest assured, funds to attend the festival will be provided separately by ArtsEverywhere).
Entries will be judged based on the following:
- the merit of the overall proposal,
- quality background research and proof of concept,
- feasibility of timeline and final project,
- demonstrated experience creating compelling non-fiction content, and
- potential to impact positive social change.
Projects highlighting critical issues in underreported parts of the world will be given preference.
- Fellows will be required to present a mid-project progress report and deliver the final project no later than December 15, 2022.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website and should include
- cover letter: 1 page, single-spaced, resume/cv, short bio
- story Pitch: 500 words (concise, clear concept note)
- treatment of your story idea that illustrates the narrative structure, arc, and connectivity with sources and potential partners
- letter of reference: additional letters will be accepted, but are not required
Applicants will equally need to provide
- Work samples: 2 previous projects that demonstrate experience and quality of work
- Website, digital portfolio, any links to previous or related work
Deadline: The application deadline to submit a proposal for the ArtsEverywhere Fay Chiang Fellowship is December 1, 2021.