The Africa ClimAccelerator Program for Innovative Climate Change Early-Stage Start-Ups opens for applications in Kenya in 2021.
Africa ClimAccelerator is the first Pan-African climate accelerator focused on supporting the most promising climate impact ideas and those who put the objective of enhancing sustainability at the forefront of their own mission and growth.
They support early-stage businesses with climate tech solutions by providing support and capacity building.
The 6-month long accelerator provides the support you need to validate your start-up’s business model, build solid customer traction, structure your organization, prepare you to raise early-stage funding, and explore how (through your business model) you can generate maximum social and environmental benefit.
Worth of Award
Should you qualify, you can
- use the bespoke tools to measure, monitor, and maximize your climate and social impact.
- attend customized workshops and training to accelerate your startup by experts from across Climate-KIC, GrowthAfrica, and the Carbon Trust.
- have one-to-one sessions with experienced mentors active across the climate innovation ecosystem.
- learn from and partner with high-growth climate startups from across Africa.
- receive up to €12,000 in grant funding and access to follow-on funding opportunities.
- connect with leading actors and partners in the fast-growing climate tech ecosystem in Africa and internationally.
Startups are invited to apply from East, West, South, and North Africa.
- Start-ups developing a transformative climate solution that brings social and environmental value in the themes of land use, circular economy, blue economy, energy efficiency, or other climate themes.
- Start-ups must be registered or plan to register (by the end of the program) in any African country.
- Proof that concept exists, (ideally) with a proven need for the solution, main pain points mapped, feedback/ validations already received from potential customers, a tested prototype/minimum viable product created, and a roadmap designed.
- At least 1 member of the team should be full-time on the business/project.
- The team/start-up should be committed to participating in the programme activities.
- The team/start-up is expected to be able to participate in a programme fully delivered in English.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the Africa ClimAccelerator Program for Innovative Climate Change Early-Stage Start-Ups close on November 7th, 2021 at midnight (Nairobi EAT).