In this project, you will research and develop novel algorithms that can ground vision language to real-world daily applications. This research project in Computer Vision, Visual Question Answering, and Vision-and-Language technology more broadly is developing and exploring 5 research themes:
- Integrating prior knowledge into vision-and-language with symbolic reasoning.
- Explainable Visual Question Answering.
- Vision-and-Language in the wild: causality, reliability, and generalisability.
- Fine-grained control of image2text and text2image generation.
- Human-centred Vision-and-Language Navigation.
Worth of Award
There are nine (9) scholarships available, to be paid at a rate of AU$40,000 per annum. They are likely to be tax-exempt, subject to Australian Taxation Office approval.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia; or international students who are accepted as candidates for a PhD degree at the university.
- Female applicants for the PhD Scholarships in Vision-and-Language are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Deadline: Applications should be submitted no later than October 31, 2021.