Brandenburg Research Academy and International Network (BRAIN) invites experienced young international researchers to apply for the 2014/2015 fellowships. About 10 fellowships will be awarded to experienced young international researchers (post-docs) of 24 months duration.
BRAIN was developed by the Brandenburg Ministry of Sciences, Research and Cultural Affairs together with all Brandenburg universities. It provides opportunities for international young researchers to further their academic careers by pursuing research projects in their scientific field at a Brandenburg university of their choice. Fellows will be offered a post at their preferred host university, which will provide an inspiring environment and support them in their research project. Fellows may pursue an individual project or join one of the many existing groups of young researchers.
Worth of Award
- An employment contract at their chosen host University with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage
- A mobility and travel allowance
- Opportunities for professional training and coaching on the development of individual and professional competencies.
- Working in an inspiring academic environment in the Berlin-Brandenburg region that offers the highest concentration of universities and research institutions in Germany.
- Eligible applicants are non-German nationals residing abroad who have not carried out any research in Germany for the last three years.
- Eligible applicants have undertaken at least three years of research since obtaining their doctorate.
- Eligible applicants need to identify a potential host university in Brandenburg and a letter of agreement from a professor to support their research project.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Brandenburg universities are very family-friendly and offer various possibilities of support to researchers with children (e.g. child care facilities, day-care organized during lectures, conferences or other scientific events etc.). The universities will be glad to provide more detailed information to applicants in case of any arising questions.
How to Apply
Applications are done online via their website (see link below). To Apply, you must take note of the following:
- Step I: You must meet the eligibility criteria
- STEP 2: Find a host university and supervising professor
- Search the list of research subjects, read more information on the research profile of Brandenburg universities and decide which host universities might be matched with your planned research project.
- Contact your preferred university or universities at the phone number or EMail address listed in the section Contact. The university BRAIN contact person will help you get in touch with the professor or research group in the research field you are interested in.
- Send your research project to the professor whose research you are interested in and ask her/him whether she/he would be willing to supervise your BRAIN fellowship.
- Have her/him sign the letter of agreement (Template for Letter of Agreement) and send it to you.
- STEP 3: Submit your application with the following documents attached as PDF:
- Curriculum Vitae
- at least 2 Expert references
- Proof of residence outside Germany during the last 3 years before application
- Proof of completion of doctoral degree at least 3 years before application
- Proof of postdoctoral research (i.e. list of published articles or books…)
Additional information such as prizes etc.
- Research proposal (max. length 10 pages, for necessary structure and contents see Guide for Applicants [download])
- Supervisor’s Agreement (please use Template for Letter of Agreement)
- Eligible applications are to be written in English and submitted in pdf-form via email to the following address: [email protected]
- Your will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application and informing you whether it has been found complete after a check at the BRAIN office.
- You will be informed via email at all relevant stages of the selection process.
- You may be invited for an interview if you pass the initial screening
Deadline: Closing date for applications is April 15th, 2014. Applicants will receive a confirmation that the application has arrived within the deadline.
Click here for more details and to apply online.