Applications for the KAIST International Undergraduate Scholarships in Korea for the 2021/22 academic year are currently ongoing.
KAIST is a community of global talents that recruits passionate and extraordinary talents who enjoy exploring knowledge. It seeks for collaborative and ethical minds whose new knowledge creation will contribute to benefiting the global society.
KAIST welcomes students with very distinct talents. It aims to foster students who will explore the unknown and work for the sustainable development of humanity.
Worth of Award
The KAIST International Undergraduate scholarship covers the following:
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- Medical Health insurance
- KAIST Scholarships are offered to admitted students.
- Students must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST after their freshman year.
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from high school by February 28th, 2022.
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by August 31st, 2022.
- Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship (dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as foreign students.
International applicants MUST ADDITIONALLY satisfy one of the following two requirements:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen, or
- For applicants of Korean origin, they must have received their entire elementary, junior high, and high school education outside of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of that provided in Korea.
- Note that international schools located in Korea are NOT acknowledged as foreign schools.
- Applicants who completed or will have completed high schools in Korea.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline for regular applications is January 14, 2022, while late applications close on May 27, 2022.