The University Of Surrey invites applications for the International PhD Scholarships in AI and Machine Learning in the UK for the 2021/22 academic year.
Machine learning has been making decisions that affect our lives. Yet, we often cannot even tell whether they are uncertain about their decisions. In this project, the university will develop Bayesian techniques with tools from the optimal transport theory to better represent and quantify uncertainties in machine learning models.
The university will derive algorithms for uncertainty propagation and quantification based on computationally efficient approximate optimal transport methods. The resulted toolkit will be validated on a real-world clinical application and is transferable across a wide range of safety-critical AI applications. Thus, allowing the models to understand what they do not know.
Worth of Award
The International PhD Scholarships in AI and Machine Learning at University Of Surrey covers
- Full tuition fee covered (UK, EU and international)
- Stipend at 15,609 p.a. (2021/22)
- RTSG of £1,000 p.a.
- Personal Computer (provided by the department)
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or similar (a First Class or good Upper Second Class Honours degree, or the equivalent from an overseas university).
- This studentship is for UK, EU and overseas students.
- IELTS requirements: If English is not your first language, you will be required to have an
- IELTS Academic of 6.5 or above (or equivalent), with no sub-test score below 6.
How to Apply
Please prepare to submit your CV; degree certificates and transcripts; names of 2 referees (ideally uploading 2 references at time of application also); and research proposal (including examples of previous project work).
Deadline: November 15, 2021.