Slovak Ministry of Education invites applications for the Slovakia National Scholarship Programme for International Students for the 2021/22 academic year.
The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for the support of mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports the mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists for scholarship stays at higher education institutions and research organisations in Slovakia.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic, or teaching stay at universities and in research organizations in Slovakia.
- The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him/herself.
Other benefits of the Slovakia National Scholarship Programme include
- university student of the second level of higher education 400 €
- PhD student 734 €
- university teacher/researcher/artist
- without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time less than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist. 734 €
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time less than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist. 980 €
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and at the same time more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist. 1 050 €
Eligible applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:
A) students who:
- are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme;
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private, or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility to study in Slovakia.
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 full semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or full 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
B) PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private, or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility to study/conduct research/artistic stay in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via
Deadline: October 31 at 16:00 CET – scholarship stays during the summer semester of the current academic year. April 30 at 16:00 CET – scholarship stays during the next academic year.