The Call for Entries for the Ockenden International Prizes for Innovative Refugee and/or Displaced People Projects in the UK in 2023 are currently ongoing.
The Ockenden International Prizes remain focused on identifying solutions to the challenges faced by displaced people, raising awareness of their needs, and rewarding outstanding projects.
The cash prizes are for projects proven to improve refugee self-reliance, recognize the agency, dignity, and autonomy of refugees and forced migrants, anywhere.
Worth of Award
- The GBP100,000 prize money will be shared equally by four winners – to be announced by the end of March 2022.
- Each will receive GBP25,000 to extend their projects and programmes.
- The cash prizes recognize and reward groundbreaking work that advances self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people anywhere in the world.
- Submissions for the GBP25,000 prizes are sought from non-profit organizations, which can enter their own projects or alternatively nominate projects managed by non-profit partners or affiliated organizations. Projects can be led by – or have a high level of participation from – the project beneficiaries themselves.
- Prizes will be awarded to projects that promote self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people. ‘Self-reliance’ is understood broadly and may be furthered by projects promoting education, providing legal assistance, or developing life skills and by any other programmes that help displaced people build stable, independent lives.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The three-month deadline for entries is midnight (GMT) on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.