National Instruments invites young entrepreneurs in Africa to apply for the 2014 NI Innovation Design Competition. The goal is to nurture innovation and entrepreneurship among future and recent engineering graduates in Africa and to submit market-ready projects that support the sustainable development of the local community.
Have you ever had an idea for a project that can become a business and benefit the local community? Bring it to life through this competition.
Worth of Award
- Through the Planet NI program, they will provide selected student teams access to NI’s development platforms to design prototypes and solutions that meet local challenges in Cameroon, Nigeria, and Uganda.
- NI will offer tools, training, and consulting to help turn value-added ideas into functional prototypes using the NI myRIO embedded hardware platform and NI LabVIEW system design software
- You have a chance to win cash prizes and a trip to NIWeek 2015 in Austin, Texas, USA.
- You need to have an idea for a project that can become a business and benefit the local community that you want to bring to life through this competition.
- From inexpensive medical devices to building the world’s fastest vegetable oil-powered vehicle, they want to see how students like you are engineering a better world using the LabVIEW graphical development environment.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website (see link below).
- You should also check their facebook page for the latest information about the competition or email them at [email protected]
- The possibilities are endless, so submit your design idea now.
Deadline: Closing date for abstract submissions is April 15, 2014
Click here for more details