Israel Institute for Advanced Studies invites applications for the IIAS Individual Fellowships for Domestic and International Students in Israel in 2023-24.
For this programme, topics may cover any research area from any discipline and must seek to be innovative, with the potential to impact research in the field. Two or three scholars who collaborate on the same project should apply individually and state clearly that they wish to work together.
It is expected that the fellow’s residency will result in creative and original research that can be shared with the international research community.
Worth of Award
- Fellows spend their residency at the IIAS, located at the Edmond J. Safra Givat Ram campus of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- The IIAS provides fellows with a nurturing and stimulating academic environment, as well as administrative support. Fellows from abroad receive a generous fellowship and subsidized accommodation.
- Scholars may be from Israel or abroad and must have a tenured position with an academic research institution.
- Former fellows may apply for an individual fellowship once 10 years have elapsed from the end of their previous term by the beginning of the academic year of their fellowship.
- This fellowship is not open to postdoctoral researchers.
How to Apply
Applications for the IIAS Individual Fellowships are to be submitted online. In the online form, the applicant is required to submit the following details:
- Personal information.
- A list of 4 international experts in the candidate’s field and their contact information.
In addition to the above, the applicant should provide the following documents:
- Letter of Intent (up to 1000 words): description of the project and justification.
- Professional CV and a full list of publications.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: The deadline to submit applications is December 1, 2021 (midnight).