Visual Arts Network of South Africa invites applications for the VANSA Cultural Leadership Programme for Mid-Career Artists and Cultural Producers in 2021.
The programme is aimed at supporting the next generation of cultural leaders in the arts including artists and cultural producers operating in South Africa from various areas of specialization across the cultural sector including the visual and performance/performing arts, cultural policy, archives, libraries, heritage, museums, digital and broadcast media, etc.
Worth of Award
- 12 participants will be selected to participate in this ground-breaking investment in self-development and professional growth. The programme will run online with sessions taking place from October 2021 until February 2022.
- The programme requires a high degree of commitment, integrity and self-discipline from applicants. It aims to capacitate participants to take up leadership roles in the arts and cultural sector across disciplines, so they can transform the landscape of the arts and cultural sector through their vision.
- Mid-career artists and cultural producers who are already occupying roles in which they initiate change or growth, who are interested in creating meaningful and sustainable change within their communities are invited to apply.
- If you are inspired by and committed to developing and deepening collaborative, socially engaged, and impactful community-based cultural programmes, you are invited to apply.
- Expect an intensive and exciting programme including workshops, peer-learning, mentorship, coaching, self-development and career planning, professional skills development, access to industry leaders and a stipend to ensure you can dedicate time to fully participate in the programme.
How to Apply
For the VANSA Cultural Leadership Programme, you will be required to submit the following documents along with your application:
- Your updated curriculum vitae including contact details;
- A motivation letter (maximum of one page);
- A ‘Project Proposal’ – outlining your vision and practical outlook on implementing a change-making project as a cultural leader. This proposal and vision of what you want to see in the future needs to show us your approach, creative ideas around leadership and community, and also how you want to contribute and transform. (maximum of one page)
- A letter of reference, and the names of two referees who know your potential and abilities.
Deadline: September 29, 2021.
Click here for more details and to apply