Queensland University of Technology invites applications for the QUT PhD Scholarship in Statistics and Data Science Applications in Agriculture for the 2021/22 academic year.
Your work will support agricultural producers in obtaining more cost-effective loans. On the technical side, the research involves data analysis, modeling, and simulation.
This is an outstanding opportunity to engage in statistics and data science applications in the agriculture sector. It is anticipated that this research will deliver:
- valuable and real-world impact in the agriculture sector.
- novel statistical methodologies.
You will be working closely with Fresh Supply Co staff and your QUT supervisory team to:
- ensure your research delivers impact
- build your professional network.
You’ll gain valuable real-world experience in a nationally important industry, with excellent academic supervision through QUT’s Centre for Data Science.
Worth of Award
For the QUT PhD Scholarship in Statistics and Data Science Applications in Agriculture, you’ll receive
- a living allowance of $30,000 per annum (full-time, fixed-rate) for three years.
- an optional 10 hours per week, paid data science position working within Fresh Supply Co.
- You must meet QUT academic and English language entry requirements for QUT’s Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- Woman and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students are encouraged to apply. QUT and the Centre for Data Science are committed to equity and diversity among the staff and students, to ensure that it mirrors the diversity of its community.
- Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, preference will be given to applicants who are already living in Australia.
How to Apply
To apply, send an email to Professor Adam Clements with
- your CV.
- a cover letter detailing your interests and motivations for applying for this opportunity.
- preferred candidates will be invited to apply for a PhD at QUT as they must be accepted into QUT’s PhD program to receive this scholarship.
Note that applications will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
Deadline: September 20, 2021.