Applications are currently open for the BioInnovation Institute (BII) & Science Prize for Innovation in Denmark in 2021.
Behind every life-changing solution is an entrepreneurial scientist. A creative mind who proved an idea in the lab and dared to carry it out in the world.
To encourage more scientists to translate their research, BioInnovation Institute (BII) & Science present a new annual award.
The three winners will have their essays published in Science magazine and will be invited into BII’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. In addition, the grand prize winner and runners-up will receive handsome cash prizes at a grand award show celebration in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Worth of Award
The Grand Prize Winner Receives:
The Grand Prize winner will be awarded a cash prize of USD 25,000 and will be provided travel and accommodation for the awards ceremony, if applicable. They will also receive a 5-year digital subscription to Science and have their winning essay published in Science, both in print and online.
Up to two runner(s)-up will receive USD 10,000, and be provided travel and accommodation for the awards ceremony, if applicable. They will also receive a 5-year digital subscription to Science, and their essay will be published in Science online.
The selected grand prize winner and runner(s)-up will have an opportunity to be paired with the business development team for evaluation of their eligibility for any BioInnovation Institute (BII) programs. If eligible, they will receive assistance for the submission of a proposal to BII. All processes, rules, and policies related to such programs and all obligations related to selection and granting thereof are the sole responsibility of BII.
To be eligible for the BioInnovation Institute (BII) & Science Prize for Innovation,
- Entrants must have finished their Ph.D. level education within the last 10 years and must hold an M.D., Ph.D., D.V.M., Pharm.D., or combination of these degrees at the time of entry.
- If the applicant has more than one advanced degree, the 10 years are counted from the date that all degrees were completed in the case of uninterrupted training, such as a dual degree M.D. Ph.D. program.
- The prize will be awarded annually to one young scientist based on work done in the past 3 years.
- The prize is awarded for outstanding research performed by the applicant as described in a 1,000-word essay.
How to Apply
The entrant must submit the following items:
- A completed Entry Form.
- An essay, written by the entrant, demonstrating their research as it relays to entrepreneurship. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length. The applicant must have done or directed all of the work, and it must have been performed in the last 3 years.
- A one-page letter of recommendation from the entrant’s postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or other senior colleagues who are familiar with their work.
- A curriculum vitae that includes the following:
- Full citations of papers that the entrant has published on the research described in the essay.
- Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and
- Relevant professional experience.
- Copies of two of the entrant’s papers that are most relevant to the essay.
Deadline: The application deadline is November 1, 2021.