Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna University in Italy is now accepting applications for its 2014 international PhD scholarship. Applications are invited from students with no restriction on nationality provided you want to start your PhD in October 2014.
In such cases, a successful application will be conditional to the subsequent completion of the degree and the transmission to the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna of adequate documentation, also in electronic form, no later than October 1, 2014.
Worth of award
- Four positions of 4 years grants will be available.
- The scholarship is amounting to €14,000 (gross amount) per year + free lunches at the school’s canteen + Campus facilities.
- The Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna may also admit eligible candidates without grants. They will take part in the Programme at their own expenses but they will not have to pay any tuition fee.
- Must hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or a Master of Arts (M.A.) or equivalent title. Current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before October 1, 2014, may also apply.
- Current undergraduate students who will be awarded such a degree before October 1, 2014, may also apply
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply online with the following documentation:
- The copy of a valid identity document. Non-EU (international) applicants will have to provide a photocopy of their passport;
- The complete Curriculum Vitae et Studio rum covering scientific training, professional experiences, publications and all other information that might help in the evaluation of the candidate;
- The academic record with the full list of courses and grades (in English, French or Italian);
- The copy of the Master thesis, when applicable (or a copy of its abstract in English or in French or in Italian), and a copy of any other publication that they deem suitable (works written in languages other than Italian, English, or French must be accompanied by a summary in one of the above languages);
- The copy of a Research Project, of no more than 2.500 words, which describes the research activities that applicants would like to perform during the Ph.D. course. The candidate may freely opt to change his/her research topics during the postgraduate program. However, the research project offers an indication of the research interests and is an important element for the evaluation of the potential of the candidate.
- At least two recommendation letters written and signed by faculty members or other academics who had the opportunity to assess the applicant’s work during his/her university studies are required. These letters must be sent directly via e-mail by the referees to the following address [email protected], before the deadline of May 7.
- In the subject line of the email there should be written the surname and name of the candidate. E-mails that do not satisfy this requirement may not be taken into account.
- Undergraduate applicants are requested to specify the subject of their final thesis, in the countries where applicable, and should submit one copy of it at least in the form of a draft together with other documents.
Selection of applicants: Selection of applicants will be based upon the assessment of all the submitted documents and publications.
Deadline: Application closes on May 7, 2014
In case of problems with the online application, contact Ph.D. Administration Office (tel. +39 050 883.345, e-mail: [email protected]).
Click here for details and to apply online