The annual Young Leadership Development Programme is aimed at providing opportunities for upcoming and talented young leaders to be mentored and trained through a series of programmes and experiences. The annual fellowship will bring together at least 100 young talented youths from each of the 47 Kenyan Counties.
The PF program is a competitive selection process looking for at least two President’s Fellows from each county (a male and female) based on the initiatives that they are undertaking in their county/communities to encourage job creation and innovation in solving community challenges.
Worth of Award
The program includes
- intensive training,
- mentorship from community leaders,
- service programs,
- experience, and
- exchange programs to promote cohesion in the devolved system anchored on the youth.
The Global Peace Foundation President’s Fellowship is open to young Kenyan leaders aged between 14 to 35 at the time of application submission, who meet the following criteria:
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, business, and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
- Be a resident of the specific county you are applying for.
- LANGUAGE: You have a good level of Kiswahili, English, and your mother tongue, and you are aware that language competence will be assessed at the interview stage.
- Age limit: 14 to 35.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website. Sending in your applications early will serve to your advantage.
Deadline: October 20, 2021.