The World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) is a unique global contest which brings together young developers and digital entrepreneurs – under 30 years of age – who use internet and mobile technology to put the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) into action and make a difference.
The WSYA selects and promotes best practice in e-Content. It demonstrates young people’s potential to create outstanding digital contents and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together in the efforts to reach the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Worth of Award
- WSYA winners have the unique opportunity to be part of an international high-energy networking event.
- At the winners’ event all WSYA winners have the opportunity to present their projects on a world stage, exchange ideas with their peers and network with renowned experts in the field of ICT for development.
- Winning the WSYA allows young social entrepreneurs to become part of an international network of young dynamic people, leaders of the ICT industry, academics, govermental organisations and members of the civil society.
- Note that the Youth Award is not a cash award. The location of 2014’s event is still to be announced.
- Open to all candidates from any region of the world
How to Participate
- Young creators of digital content are to register their products themselves via an online platform.
- An international young expert jury will then judge the projects/products and select 3 winners and 2 runners-up in each of the six WSYA categories.
There are 6 Categories to apply
- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease!
- Education for All!
- Power 2 Women!
- Create your Culture!
- Go Green!
- Pursue Truth!
Deadline: Application closes on June 15, 2014.