The Federal Government of Nigeria in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites applications for the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme for Graduates seeking Hands-on Experience and on-the-job Skills in 2021.
The work placement is a 12-month earning-as-you-work opportunity that provides the Fellow an opportunity to acquire hands-on experience, knowledge, and ‘on-the-job’ skills with the aim of improving the Fellows’ employability and competitiveness in the job market.
Worth of Award
All Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of ₦100,000 paid by the Jubilee Fellows Programme subject to achieving planned results for each month.
To be an eligible fellow for the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme, you must
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduate not earlier than 2017.
- Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in a chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
To be an eligible host organization, you must provide
- up-to-date regulatory documentation including CAC Certificate of Registration.
- an official letter of interest detailing a clear understanding of the objectives of the NJFP and commitment to supporting the program by accepting fellow placements.
- clear descriptions of available role requirements.
You must also
- agree to provide mentorship support to fellows through dedicated sessions with existing experienced professionals within their organizations.
- agree to abide by the guidelines of the program and to sign a code of conduct.
- have non-discrimination policies on gender, ethnicity, religion, and disability status, as well as policies against sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse (PSHEA).
- have no criminal records or conviction or any affiliation with proscribed organizations i.e, terrorists, drug traffickers, illicit trade, child labour.
How to Apply
Both Fellows and Host organization apply by registering on the Application Form.
Deadline: Applications are open between September 6, 2021, to October 20, 2021.