The annual Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship for indigent students in Nigerian tertiary institutions is now open for applications. The award is for 40 indigent students, each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000) for their education.
- Applicant must be poor and indigent.
- Applicant must be registered students of Tertiary institutions in Nigeria i.e Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education.
- Applicants must have good academic performances.
How to Apply
Each applicant shall submit an application letter, not more than two pages. The letter must include the name of the candidate, course of study, year of study, state of origin, and why the candidate believes that he/she should be given the scholarship award. The application letter must be accompanied by:
- A photocopy of the candidate’s current Identity card.
- A letter from the candidate’s current Head of Department, including correct information of the candidate’s CGPA for the last academic semester.
- A letter from the Registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of such institution.
- A copy of the candidates registration form for the current semester.
The application letter, with all the supporting documents, should be forwarded (by hand or by postal delivery) to:
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board,
Nigerian Law Publications House
Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D. Alausa,
Or; P.O. Box 1114,
Or; Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
C/O Dr. A. B. Baffa, ASUU-BUK Secretariat, Old Campus,
P. O. Box 301, Kano
Application Deadline: August 31, 2011
Interview and Award Ceremony
(i) Lagos: All Applicants within the Southern States will be interviewed on Wednesday, September 13, 2011 at Nigerian Law Publications House, Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D. Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos at 10.00am
(ii)Kano: All applicants within the Northern States will be interviewed on Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at ASUU Office, Bayero University, Kano at 10.00am Award Ceremony:
Successful candidates will be awarded the scholarships on Friday September 15, 2011 at Nigerian Law Publications House, Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D. Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
Make sure to apply by the August 31, 2011 deadline.