The ministry of education in Taiwan, invites application for the 2014 enrichment scholarship which is awarded to encourage international students and individuals to undertake Mandarin Chinese language study in Taiwan.
In 2014 one scholarship will be awarded to a Nigerian, the Ministry of Education will grant the scholarship recipient a monthly stipend of NT$ 25,000(approximately 130,000 naira) for maximum one (1) year. The recipient is responsible for his/her own expenses.
An applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a Nigerian citizen of 18 years of age or older, a high school graduate or above, with an excellent academic performance in his/her most recent formal educational study experience and be of good moral character.
- Is not an ROC (Taiwan) national.
- Does not have the status of being an overseas compatriot student.
- Is not currently a registered student at a Mandarin training center, and has never been a degree-seeking student at any university or college in Taiwan.
- Is not an exchange student in accordance with an agreement of cooperation between Taiwan and Nigeria.
- Has never received an award neither under this scholarship program nor the Taiwan Scholarship Program.
- Is not a recipient of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by the Taiwan government or any other educational institutions in Taiwan.
How to apply
- Please submit the following application documents to the Trade Mission of the ROC(Taiwan) in Nigeria (mailing address: Trade Mission of ROC(Taiwan), PMB 5111, 31 Katsina Ala Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria).
Required application documents:
- Application form for ROC(Taiwan) Ministry of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarships 2014 (as appendix A)
- One photocopy of applicant’s diploma or highest degree of education (in English)
- Academic records listing courses and grades (in English)
- One letter of recommendation (in English)\
- One photocopy of application form to a Mandarin training center affiliated to universities/colleges in Taiwan, (the list of language school as appendix B)
- One photocopy of National ID and valid passport.
- Current bank statement covering a period of six months signed by the branch manager.
- the Trade Mission of the ROC(Taiwan) in Nigeria will review the application documents and inform the applicants the selection result in writing by 15 April 2014.
Note: No application documents will be returned.
For further information, please contact office:
The Trade Mission of the ROC(Taiwan) in Nigeria
P.O. Box: P.M.B. 5111, Abuja, Nigeria
Office Address: 31 Katsina Ala Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes on March 31, 2014.