The International Centre for Theoretical Physics invites applications for the ICTP Postdoctoral Fellowships for outstanding Young Scientists in Italy for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The position is in the Information and Communications Technology Section (ICTS) in the area of High-Performance Computing (HPC), with a focus on Cloud Computing Infrastructure (private, public, and hybrid) as well as Cloud Identity and Access Management for scientific use and application of Cloud Computing including Artificial Intelligence. The HPC team is expected to provide training on Scientific Cloud Computing and related topics as well as support ICTP researchers in the use of Cloud Computing tools, applications, and platforms for Scientific Research.
Worth of Award
- The take-home monthly salary will be in the range of 2,100 – 2,700 EUR (depending on seniority).
- Additional benefits include health insurance, a pension contribution, and special allowances for family members.
- The initial appointment will be made for two years.
- Fellows of the ICTP Postdoctoral Fellowships must have completed a PhD in Computing or Engineering or related disciplines prior to the start of their fellowship.
- They must have prior practical experience in the deployment of Cloud Computing platforms and solutions and be able to carry out active, independent, and multidisciplinary research.
- Candidates who have experience in the above-mentioned research/focus areas and who obtained their PhD after 2015 will be given priority.
How to Apply
Applications should include
- a cover letter,
- an updated CV including the full list of publications,
- a statement of research interests, and
- two or more letters of recommendation. Candidates should apply through the ICTP online application system https://e-applications.ictp.it/applicant/login/IT22
Deadline: November 19, 2021.