Aspiring climate change communicators are invited to submit a video giving a three-minute talk in English related to the theme of ‘Trust in Climate Science’. Whether you’re an early career researcher, working on climate change projects – or simply passionate about explaining climate science to new audiences, the British Council would love to hear from you.
Worth of Award
- All finalists will take part in a two-day online masterclass delivered by leading science communication trainers.
- You will meet and interact with an experienced panel of judges, and join a network of like-minded people from all over the world, as well as the wider FameLab community.
- The overall winner of the FameLab Climate Change Communicators will be awarded a place in the FameLab International Online Final in November, where you will join over 20 countries for further training, networking and the opportunity to compete to be the global FameLab International Winner 2021
To be eligible for the British Council FameLab Climate Change Communicators Competition, applicants must be
- aged 21 years of age or above;
- based in one of the following participating countries for the purposes of study, research or long-term paid/voluntary employment: Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Serbia, Turkey, Uganda or Vietnam;
- studying or working in roles that relate to science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics. Individuals working in climate change related work in organisations such as non-government organisations (NGO) and charities are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Submit your video entry by Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 23.59 UK time.