Hawk Conservancy Trust invites applications for the Marion Paviour Award for Early-Career Researchers in 2021.
The threats facing bird of prey populations around the world are numerous. A majority of bird of prey species are under pressure to a lesser or greater extent and the conservation actions used to defend against these threats are varied and often innovative.
The purpose of this award, therefore, is to further research into the conservation of birds of prey and is intended to support early-career researchers working towards this goal.
Worth of Award
- The maximum award amount is £1, 000.
- The project must be focussed on conservation and/or research of birds of prey.
- Recipients will be required to provide a report about the use of the funds.
- Recipients will be required to acknowledge the support of the Hawk Conservancy Trust in any related materials and presentations.
- Copies of full project reports and publications will be provided to the Trust.
- Recipients are required to communicate updates to the Trust for the purposes of publicising the project.
How to Apply
Applications are required to submit the following:
- Basic CV (one page maximum)
- A short summary of the project (two pages maximum) which includes:
- Objectives of the project, methods and any results if the project is ongoing;
- Amount requested, how it will be used and how this fits into the overall project;
- The research and/or conservation value to birds of prey (include species in question and reason for the project); and
- A brief project timeline.
- A letter of recommendation (e.g. Supervisor, manager, etc.)
Deadline: The deadline for applications was August 31, 2021. Funds will be released in October 2021.