The 2014-2015 Türkiye Scholarships Postgraduate Programmes are now open for application. The Turkish postgraduate scholarships are full government funded programmes for successful international students from all over the world for postgraduate studies in Turkey.
Available Turkish postgraduate scholarships are: Ali Ku?çu Science and Technology Scholarship Programme, ?bni Haldun Social Sciences Scholarship Programme, Yunus Emre Turkish Language Scholarship Programme, and the Islamic Theology Scholarship Programme
- Candidates can apply for only one scholarship programme in accordance with their educational background and academic goals.
- Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and programme among their preferences specified in the online application form.
- Most programmes in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programmes in English, French or German.
- The candidates who want to study in these languages need to have an internationally recognized certificate to prove their language proficiency.
- Also, most of these foreign language programmes may ask international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT etc. Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programmes.
Worth of Awards
- Monthly stipend (app. 375 USD for master’s, 500 USD for doctorate)
- Full tuition fee
- Free 1-year Turkish language course
- Free state-run dormitory accommodation
- Round-trip air ticket
- Health insurance
Eligibility for Postgraduate Programmes
To be eligible for postgraduate programmes, applicants must
- be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply)
- not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying.
- be a bachelor’s or master’s degree holder by 30th of June 2014 at the latest
- be under the age of 30 for master’s programmes (no earlier than 01.01.1984)
- be under the age of 35 for doctorate programmes (no earlier than 01.01.1979)
- have at least 75 % cumulative grade point average or diploma grade over their maximum graduation grade or have at least 75 % success in any accepted national or international graduate admissions test.
- be in good health
- Online application form (provided at the website)
- A copy of a bachelor or master’s diploma or document indicating that the candidate is bachelor or master’s senior student
- A certified bachelor and/or master’s transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate)
- A copy of a valid ID card (passport, national ID, birth certificate etc.)
- Passport photo
How to Apply
Follow the instruction below to submit your application:
- go to the scholarship website (see link below)
- access the online application form by clicking “Apply Now”
- create an account by entering an e-mail and password
- read the application guide
- log in to the system and fill out the application form
- upload the required documents
- and finally complete the application and submit
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Click here to visit the scholarship website