UNESCO invites applications for the UNESCO Intergenerational Dialogue of Leaders and Young People of the Biennale of Luanda in 2021.
In the framework of the 2nd edition of the Biennale of Luanda – “Pan-African Forum for the Culture of Peace” (4-8 October 2021), an Intergenerational Dialogue of leaders and young people is planned as a prelude to the event, on the theme of “Cultural and heritage diversity of Africa and its Diasporas: firebrand of conflicts or breeding ground for peace?”
As part of the participation and representation of youth in the said dialogue, a call for applications for the selection of 150 young people (from all the countries of the African Union and 21 countries of the Diaspora).
The young people, who will take part in this online dialogue, will be selected on the basis of 50% young women and 50% young men, two people (one woman and one man, if possible) per country.
Worth of Award
- For effective participation in the Biennale, successful candidates will receive training beforehand.
- The selected candidates will participate online not only in the Intergenerational Dialogue but also in all the Thematic Forums included in the Biennale’s programme.
Candidates for this selection should meet the following criteria:
- between 18-35 years old;
- experienced community leaders (at least 2 years);
- in the name of their organizations and as part of their civic commitments, the bearers of one or two projects or good practices likely to be shared (related to the theme of the dialogue and the theme of one of the fifteen sub-themes of the four Thematic Forums);
- familiar with the main social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) and have proven experience in implementing online youth engagement campaigns;
- a good command of one of the working languages of the Biennial (English, French or Portuguese);
- a valid passport.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The call for applications is launched from June 30 to 20 July 20, 2021.