This competition is open to journalists, “startuppers”, project leaders, creatives, developers, designers, civil society, any person or organization who wishes to innovate for a quality media landscape in Tunisia, Morocco, or Algeria.
Worth of Award
MEDIA LOVES TECH will take place in two stages with the possibility, at each stage, of obtaining funding and support to accelerate the development of your product. The selected concepts will also benefit from professional support.
- Step 1: Selection of the best concepts. Concepts can be submitted until July 31, 2021. The best concepts will receive € 1,000 each.
- Step 2: These same teams will participate in a Hackathon at least in October 2021 and will continue to develop their prototypes until the end of November 2021. The best project will receive a funding of € 10,000 which will be given to the team winner at the closing ceremony on December 3, 2021.
- In addition to that, a special prize of up to € 5,000 will be dedicated to projects working within the field of science journalism.
The competition is open to creatives, journalists, media professionals, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, civil society, any individual actor or organization who wishes to contribute, by a concept or by offering their skills, to the rise of journalism in Tunisia, in Morocco or Algeria thanks to digital.
• I have a great concept: you are invited to submit your concept. If you already have a team, please indicate this when you register, otherwise please indicate the skills you would need to carry out your project. Among the other registered participants, those with the required skills will be assigned to your concept within the limits of available capacities.
• I have no idea for a project but I would like to offer my skills: you are a developer, designer or journalist, do not wish to develop a project yourself but you are ready to offer your skills to help carry out an innovative project, you are invited to participate by specifying the skill or skills that you would like to bring.
• I don’t like working in a team, I prefer to participate alone: Teams must be made up of 2 to 5 people. It is precisely the team spirit and collaboration that MEDIA LOVES TECH wishes to foster through this initiative.
• I have already participated, but I want to try again: Entrepreneurship is about challenging yourself and starting over. If you have already participated in a previous edition, you have every right to try your luck again. With the same (improved!) project or with a different idea.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Submit your proposal before July 31st, 2021.