The Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS), Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and QUT Centre for Data Science are partners in a world leading program of research in data science in sports. The mission is to tackle key challenges and support day-to-day decisions in sports and athletic training through innovations at the intersection of data science and the sports, and sports science and sports medicine. Projects will be undertaken with the core partners and organisations for specific sports, including close interaction with the ‘decision support’ needs of coaches.
Worth of Award
- an allowance of AU$30,000 per annum (full-time, fixed rate) for 3 years to support living costs during full-time study.
- consideration for a HDR tuition fee sponsorship, if you’re an international student.
You’ll also have the opportunity to
- work closely with real-world data, end-users (including coaches) and sports scientists/ sports medicine practitioners in Australia’s high-performance sports network to assist with athlete preparation for World Championships and the Olympics/Paralympics.
- work with leading researchers in statistics and data science.
- access a community of like-minded data science researchers and practitioners nationally and internationally.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- meet QUT academic and English language entry requirements for the IF49 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- be able to commence the PhD course in 2021.
- Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, preference and priority will be given to Australian and New Zealand students and resident international students. However, exceptional international applicants will be considered.
- Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, submit the following documents to Dr Paul Wu:
- a cover letter
- a summary (up to two pages) of your career outlining your experience in data science practice or research
- contact details of three referees (full name, email, and phone number)
- full academic transcripts
- English language results (if required)
- proof of citizenship.
Please review the eligibility requirements prior to submitting your application.
Deadline: Applications will close 11:59pm (AEST) July 31, 2021.