The Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU) invite applications for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) for Passionate Researchers and Excellent Academics for the 2021/22 academic year.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
Worth of Award
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
- A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
How to Apply
Kindly prepare the following documents in advance before applying online.
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports which need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts. Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s)/scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
GRE/IELTS/TOEFL/SAT I & II/GATE results. However, note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
- ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA).”
- do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- submit your applications as early as possible.
- check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application.
Deadline: The submission deadline for the August 2022 intake is December 1, 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).